Account Executive | MidMarket
Tokyo, Tokyo, JapanSales
DeepL, Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial salesperson to drive new and expansion sales at one of Europe’s fastest growing technology companies backed by top investors who helped scale Uber, Twitter, Instagram, and Zendesk. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter who has a consultative sales approach, provides an outstanding customer experience and offers polished presentation skills. You'll be joining a new and growing team, and managing an international inbound pipeline of sales opportunities across a large prospect and customer base.
- Meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline, and revenue goals
- Quickly gain a strong understanding of DeepL’s products and customer needs in order to troubleshoot and rapidly resolve inquiries
- Respond to a large volume of inbound prospects and customers, and manage a high volume of opportunities through the entire sales cycle (qualification to close)
- Build a pipeline of new business, and pursue upselling and cross-selling opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with accounts in your book of business
- Forecast and track all opportunity and customer details including use cases, purchase timeframes, and next steps
- Be part of the growth in our Japanese market
- 6+ years of full-cycle sales experience; software/SaaS experience preferred
- Exceptional organisational, presentation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment - you move quickly, think strategically and are superb at tactical execution
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Fluency in additional language(s) preferred
- Team player – supportive of colleagues
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near our hub in Tokyo, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 20 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 20 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path that contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.