Working Student | Financial Support
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyFinance
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique AI language technology, DeepL is able to provide the world’s best translation quality. To support our finance team, you will be part of the administrative activities and the daily business. You will work in a highly motivated, international team and support us in handling internal and external support requests, daily tasks in the entire finance department and much more. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Support of the finance team in administrative activities and daily business
In the areas of accounts receivable & payable you will take over tasks on your own responsibility
- You will assist in handling internal and external support requests
- You will be involved in the preparation of annual and monthly financial statements as well as in our monthly shareholder reporting
- You also get the opportunity to get involved in current projects
What we offer
- Meaningful work: we tear down language barriers around the world, bringing different cultures closer together
- A friendly, international and effective team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- The opportunity to work in a diverse, challenging and international field of activity and to learn a lot in the process
- Application of your theoretical knowledge in practice
- Remuneration in line with the market with flexible time management and personal responsibility
- A very good reference: working for one of the strongest scale-ups in Europe
- A nice office in Cologne and a lot of flexibility
- Fresh fruit, snacks and drinks, billiards and table tennis, good mood
- You are an enrolled student in a business degree program or are enrolled in a related degree program ideally with a focus on finance, controlling or accounting
- Ideally you already have some practical experience in the field of finance
- You have demonstrably good IT skills and are confident in the use of common Microsoft Office applications, such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- You have a high level of independent work, the ability to work in a team and reliability
- Fluent German and English
We are looking forward to your application!