UI Expert (f/m/d) - Amsterdam, London, Cologne, Paderborn or remote
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique neural networks, DeepL is able to deliver the world’s best translation quality. In order to keep it that way, we are constantly improving our apps and adding exciting new features - and this is where your experience in developing great interfaces comes in: our products only really shine and help our users when they are presented well. In addition to the classic challenges of frontend development such as UX design, we are particularly interested in your ability to build functional (and pretty) UIs and your knowledge of CSS and current related technologies. You will be part of a highly motivated team that values top quality and efficient code. Important design decisions are made by the whole team in open discussions.
- Further design and develop our web applications
- Create new components for our frontend together with your team
- Test your work and make sure it is of high quality
- Work directly with our designers to build up and maintain our functional and good looking UI
What we offer
- A product used by more than 100 million worldwide
- Interesting problems applying the latest research results in our development
- Code review, pair programming, and a focus on high quality
- An extremely good team with a lot of trust and short decision making processes; English speaking team
- A comfortable office in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Paderborn (or suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- Very good knowledge in CSS and related technologies (Sass, Tailwind, ...)
- Experience in building components in a current web framework (we use React)
- A degree in computer science or comparable, alternatively several years of professional experience in software/web development
- You enjoy solving difficult problems and learning new things
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is advantageous
We are looking forward to your application!