Technical Product Manager (f/m/d) - Cologne, Paderborn or remote
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
The greatest products are nothing without the right presentation – and this is where your UX/UI experience comes into play!
Own the whole experience for a key customer journey on a product with more than 100 million users, on multiple platforms. Therefore you are customer obsessed, dive into the detail, and love working with highly technical teams on complex problems. You will lead design within a cross functional team, that includes engineering and product management to deliver impact at scale.
- Become an expert on DeepL´s products and design the user-experience on multiple platforms
- Gather and evaluate requirements with the cross functional team
- Deliver functional design specifications with Figma/Sketch/etc, create functional prototypes, or design in code
- Define or maintain a design guide, templates and components
- Conduct iterative tests to check and optimize our products
- Communicate ideas and design concepts clearly, aimed at the right audience, with the help of insight and data
What we offer
- Interesting challenges: design, programming and research at the highest level
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision making processes
- Work on a product that more than 100 million people already use
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- A comfortable office in Cologne or Paderborn (or a suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- 3+ years of experience in product teams providing design solutions for web, mobile or software applications
- Strong understanding of the user centered design process and user experience principles
- Experienced in driving design and user-experience through the whole lifecycle - research, prototyping and iterative testing
- Consistent in using qualitative and quantitative insights to guide your design process
- Created frictionless, but elegant solutions for typical users with design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Experienced working on a product at scale, with an international footprint
- Knowledge of Windows and MacOS platform-specific patterns is a big plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the help of insight and data
- A big heart for UX-Design and our customers
- Fluent in English. Other languages, e.g. German, are an advantage
We are looking forward to your application!