Team Lead People Partnering
RemoteCologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
While we are growing quite fast, we want to maintain our people-centric culture that makes us successful. For this advanced growth phase, we need your experience, ideas and drive to make this happen. You will build up, lead and mentor a team of People & Development Partners for developing and improving people related processes and strategies for DeepL. Your team will focus on a certain area of our Company (e.g. Revenue, Tech, etc,) and will be the link between our People & Culture Team and their respective teams in their area of scope, making sure that both sides are aware of the requirements, new challenges and what's going on in these exciting times.
As a hands-on leader, you will be able to use your knowledge to support them in any questions related to their daily tasks, provide guidance around strategical alignment and mentor them in their projects. Additionally, you have the ability to notice and identify development needs at personal, team (and company) level and the attitude to proactively create and implement solutions.
At a strategic level, you will work with the department and team leads in your area of responsibility to ensure that strategic initiatives, projects and programmes are fit and aligned for success.
You will be joining a very open, international and diverse environment where communication is at eye level across the business and the wellbeing of our people is of key importance to us. The position will suit you best if you are an inclusive, flexible and collaborative leader with a strong background in partnering and people development.
- You lead, support and develop a team of People & Development Partners helping them to provide best partnering experiences for their teams
- You have an eye for identifying and addressing developments, patterns and challenges in teams and the company at an early stage, as well as in people & culture work in general
- Ensuring the alignment for success, you will collaborate with department and team leads in your area of responsibility at a strategic level to make sure that strategic initiatives, projects, and programs are appropriately fitted for their intended objectives
- Thanks to your structured documentation of your work, it is also easy for new joiners in your team to get up to speed quickly
- With other teams within People & Culture you work strategically and ensure close cooperation in cross-functional projects
- All stakeholders can rely on your support on issues such as workforce planning, compensation and recognition
- You give support in coaching, mediation and work-life related matters
- As a sparring partner for department leads on topics around leadership you make sure that DeepL’s understanding of leading people is implemented
- With your previous experience of scaling People initiatives, you will be able to anticipate and proactively address challenges that arise in the current and future growth phases of DeepL
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- The opportunity to be part of actively shaping and developing our concept of people partnering and development
- In your career, you have gained significant experience in driving and delivering outcomes in a fast-paced environment within a global tech and growth company
- It's important for you to develop mutual trust with your team members and provide them with a lot of support and mentoring to foster their success and individual career development
- Not only do you enjoy developing and succeeding professionally, but you also take pride in seeing others succeed through your support.
- With your experience working in a People & Culture team, you will be a source of knowledge for your colleagues and wider team in topics like strategic questions, labour law, foundational tasks, their documentation etc.
- Additionally, you are familiar with people development, ideally both conceptually and in practical implementation
- You have a strategic mindset with experience in assessing risk in relation to the business and the ability to work on several tasks in parallel
- High empathy and emotional intelligence are strengths of yours
- You are forward thinking, methodical, and anticipate challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are a standard for you
- Fluent English speaker. German, Dutch, Polish or Japanese is a plus
We are looking forward to your application!