Team Assistant & Office Support (f/m/d) - Amsterdam
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsBusiness Functions
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As we grow quite fast, it is important that our teams can count on your support to handle the administrative workload. You will assist your colleagues in their day-to-day work by helping them navigate the intricacies of administrative tasks, finding the right people to talk to, and working together to come up with practical solutions. You are open-minded, very well organized, an outstanding communicator and multi-tasking talent with experience in team assistance. You enjoy supporting highly technical teams with operational duties, event organization, travel arrangements and internal documentation. Our international and friendly teams are looking forward to becoming even more effective together with you!
- You are the go-to person in the team for admin related questions providing support to employees with general first inquiries
- You collaborate with our Office Team and are the contact person in our Amsterdam office
- By connecting departments and creating solutions, you take the administrative workload off colleagues
- Your wide experience assisting team(s) with travel arrangements ensures that everything runs smoothly
- You help with the organisation of team activities and company events as well as external presentations, e.g. at conferences
- You actively participate in building up internal process documentation
- Together with our People&Culture team you provide operational support on employee happiness and learning development projects
- You are an important key to drive team and DeepL culture
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- A nice office in Amsterdam, the possibility to work remotely and a lot of flexibility
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- The opportunity to be part of actively shaping and developing our concept of people partnering and development
- Very good knowledge of executive support with outstanding planning and organisational skills, working with agendas, event planning, and travel arrangements in an international environment
- Availability to work from our office in Amsterdam
- Experience supporting teams in a tech or SaaS company is desirable
- Very confident use of Apple macOS and Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word/Pages, Excel, PowerPoint. Affinity for design and previous work experience with Slack, Confluence, Zoom and Jira are also a big plus
- Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written (German or Dutch is a Plus)
- Proactive multi-tasking mindset with problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- An open-minded personality with detail-oriented and hands-on attitude willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for communication and people engagement
We are looking forward to your application!