Strategic Sales Development Representative (f/m/d) | Japan
RemoteJapan, Tokyo, TokyoSales
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We’re looking for an energetic, motivated, and articulate team player to join the growing DeepL Sales team as one of our first Inbound Sales Development Representatives. The ideal candidate will be responsible for following up, calling, prospecting, and qualifying leads. Qualified candidates should be self-starters with proven track records of success in their professional and personal or extracurricular lives. They should be excited about SaaS, translation, and an interest in joining a fast-paced tech scale-up.
- Create a fantastic first impression to prospects and customers while building a pipeline for DeepL Account Executives
- Respond to inbound requests via Zendesk support, telephone, and email
- Organize and categorize sales lead information in Zendesk Sell and Salesforce
- Focus on building a great team environment for a fun and energetic atmosphere
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of activities and qualified opportunities
What we offer
- Work on the scale. Opportunity to bring cutting-edge technology to relevant markets. Over half of a billion people used DeepL up to this date;
- Experience the hyper-growth. Over the past two years, we grew our team from 20 to 250 employees distributed across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan;
- Shape a newly-established Sales Development squad. Work alongside other Revenue specialists to scale our product advocacy;
- We got your back. We have an experienced, highly committed team with trust and transparent decision-making processes. Likewise, we cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, empathy, and inclusivity are similarly important;
- Flexible Work Arrangements. With office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We've also designed an efficient and inclusive remote-first organization during the pandemic. Remote work is not part of the benefits; it's part of our culture;
- Meaningful work. We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together;
- Regular team events – internationally. You are going to love it!
- Active listener with the ability to gather customer requirements and connect them to the DeepL solution
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Passion for developing a career in a technology sales
- Transferable sales, customer-facing, or internship experience
- Goal-oriented team player
- Fluency in English and Japanese on native level
Please make sure to send your CV and cover letter in English.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!