Specialist Commercial Recruiting | Japanese Speaking
Tokyo, Tokyo, JapanPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
DeepL is continuously growing into Japan and we are seeking an experienced Recruiting/Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team. As we are scaling the business, there are many new roles that we need to fill. This is where you come in: With your experience in recruiting, you will support us in bringing new colleagues on board and achieving great goals together.
Your focus will be to help us find new experts in the Sales, Support and Customer Success area to join our fast-growing teams. You will be part of a People & Culture Team that is looking forward to collaborating and achieving our ambitious goals with you.
- You will help to grow our Japan-based teams and own the recruiting process (full-cycle)
- In close collaboration with the hiring managers, you define role requirements and partner with them to ensure a smooth and successful peer recruiting process with the best candidate experience
- You handle our applicant management tool and expand our internal talent pool
- You will be proactively sourcing for candidates and building pipelines for your roles
- With a keen eye on the applicant market, you are constantly on the lookout for new recruiting channels
- You are involved in all topics that are relevant to the entire Recruiting Team and use your expertise to help shape the DeepL processes and projects
- The data-supported analysis of our recruiting processes, measures and sources rounds off your extensive area of responsibility
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally, as well as whole company events
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Fluent in English and Japanese (both spoken and written).
- Significant experience in a recruiting role, preferably in a SaaS company or with a recruitment agency
- With your wide knowledge of the Japanese recruiting market you will help us to scale-up our DeepL team in Japan
- An analytical mindset combined with a structured and at the same time creative way of working
- An open-minded personality with the right amount of hands-on mentality to help shape new ways and methods in a start-up environment
- Very good knowledge of active sourcing techniques and tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with a European-based HR-department
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment
We are looking forward to your application!