Software-Developer for our accounting systems (f/m/d) - Cologne, Paderborn or remote
is already now a company known worldwide. We develop neural networks that help people to use language. With DeepL Translator, we launched the world's best computer translation and have made it available to everyone on the Internet free of charge. In the next few years, we would like to develop DeepL into the leading company for language technology.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
Work wherever you like
You can decide whether you want to work at home or in the office. Our way of working is designed to make you an integral part of the team, no matter where you work. Therefore, we are looking for outstanding employees all over Germany, the Netherlands and Poland.
What else distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We use the latest techniques in machine learning, neural networks, and natural language processing (NLP) not only to translate texts, but also to create the world’s best dictionaries and solve other language problems. We are still planning a lot of exciting features for our services, so we are looking for exceptional developers who want to learn a lot and enjoy teaching the computer unique things. When we talk about DeepL or Linguee as an employer, a lot of people react very positively. This is because they are often pleased with the free, open service.
- You work independently to further develop our accounting system in Python and PostgreSQL
- You ensure the quality of our billing system through automated tests
- You prepare reports for accounting and controlling and will be the interface between accounting, customer support, and software development
- You build connections to payment systems
- Additionally, you develop and extend tools for our customer support
- Finally, you are responsible for the continuous optimization of existing applications as well as the constant search for and evaluation of new technologies
What we offer
- Interesting problems and programming at the highest level
- A small, effective, and extremely good team. In our company, the decision makers are developers themselves
- Working on products that are already used by more than 100 million people
- A meaningful job: We break down language barriers worldwide and thus bring different cultures closer together
- A very comfortable office in Cologne or Paderborn (or comparable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- Very good SQL knowledge (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Several years of programming experience in backend development with Python
- Knowledge in Message Queues, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and C# is an advantage
- Experience in the programming of billing systems and the integration of external payment service providers is an advantage
- Basic experience in web technologies is also an advantage
- Enjoyment of solving even difficult problems
- A strong interest in learning new things, for example new programming languages, new APIs, new technologies...
- Good knowledge of English, knowledge of other languages especially German is advantageous
We are looking forward to your application!