Senior Market Researcher
RemoteAmsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsProduct
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
You will be part of the highly motivated Customer and User Research team that informs DeepL’s strategic decisions with customer insights. Our growing team is responsible to reveal actionable customer and user insights via quality primary and secondary research. Your job is to apply and/or experiment diverse quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods to answer simple and/or complex research questions. You will have access to all the relevant data that helps to understand customers, or build customer behavior models. You will have the autonomy to manage your stakeholders, making research plans or roadmaps. You will have fellow researchers support for your craft development and career development. Together with other roles and teams in DeepL, you will make a significant impact on building the best possible translation experience and overcome language barriers.
- Be responsible for designing, planning, and conduct end-to-end market or user research studies.
- Lead strategic and foundational research projects, work with cross-functional teams to answer challenging and complex research questions.
- Establish and maintain longitudinal research programs or customer experience measurement which continuously produce customer insights.
- Communicate customer insights in a simple and engaging way.
- Have shared responsibility with fellow researchers in the team to improve research operations.
- Collaborate closely with your stakeholders, dive deep into business or technical challenges, find research opportunities that provide actionable insights.
What we offer
- Data at scale from products used by more than 100 million people worldwide.
- Our own analytics and experimentation platform - far beyond the limitations of standard web analytics platforms.
- Contemporary data collection tools for survey, customer interviews and usability testing.
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes.
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together.
- A comfortable office in Cologne, Berlin, London or Amsterdam or suitable equipment for your home office.
- You have 5+ years professional experience as a Market Researcher, ideally working with web product(s).
- Previous experience collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders and creating the desired impact through research findings.
- You put yourself into customers’ shoes; you empathize customers’ pains.
- You are skilled in either quantitative or qualitative research methods. Or you are a mixed-methods researcher with solid knowledge of both.
- Your data savviness helps you feel comfortable and eager to get your hands dirty by transferring and connecting data in different ways and forms.
- As a quantitative researcher, you have solid skills in analysis tools – Python, R. And good knowledge in SQL.
- You are good at storytelling when communicating customer insights.
- You are a team player; you celebrate other’s success and care about others.
- You grow and thrive by giving and receiving constructive peer feedback.
- You have a Master's degree or PHD in psychology, behavioural sciences, HCI, economics or similar.
- The ability to transmit information concisely and clearly - whether written, spoken or visually.
- Fluent in English, which is our company language.
Please make sure to send your application in English.
We are looking forward to your application!