Customer Marketing Manager
London, England, United KingdomPR & Marketing
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
The Customer Marketing Manager at DeepL is a seasoned professional with 8+ years of B2B customer marketing experience, particularly in the SaaS space. This role will report to the Head of Demand Gen and sits at the intersection of Sales, Customer Success and Marketing, cultivating lasting relationships with our most strategic customers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in creating customer marketing programs, both on the reference and content sides of the house. They can interface gracefully with senior global stakeholders, both inside of DeepL and within our largest customer account and have a builder mindset.
- Design and build our customer reference program, from strategy to processes to systems and tools, in partnership with senior leadership across Marketing, CS, Sales, and technology teams
- Align with customer-facing teams to build a pipeline of customer marketing content from logo usage and quotes to speaking opportunities, videos and written case studies
- Identify, select and work with IT teams to implement technology solutions to manage and scale our customer marketing efforts
- Establish processes to ensure that our largest customers are at the center of our customer marketing initiatives, including guardrails for reference frequency, aligned requests, etc.
- Over time, attract, recruit and lead a team of customer marketing professionals to scale our efforts globally
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to align customer marketing activities with broader business objectives
- At least 8+ years of experience executing customer marketing programs, preferably within B2B SaaS organizations, ideally including leading a team
- Ability to interface with customers, particularly executives, in high pressure situations
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to ruthlessly prioritize
- Possesses a strong work ethic, collaborative mindset, and proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace.
- Possesses a practical and proactive attitude with a humble approach, demonstrating proficiency in accomplishing tasks efficiently.
- Proven experience creating high quality customer marketing content
- Proven experience managing budgets
- Strong knowledge of customer marketing technology and tools
- Experience in SaaS Scale-up with 500+ Employees is preferred
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near our hub in Tokyo, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 20 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path that contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.