Senior Accountant (f/m/d)
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnBusiness Functions
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are always looking for outstanding employees! We currently offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you want to work from home in one of these countries or in our office in Cologne: The choice is yours. No matter what you choose, our way of working is designed to make you an integral part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL in future?
We are growing very strongly and gaining a large number of customers every day. This is an exciting time! At the same time, our tasks, expenses and accounts are also growing.
And this is where you come in with your expertise: through your experience and motivation, you make your contribution to the expansion and transformation of our accounting. You are part of a growing team and start directly in the phase of our largest project: the introduction of a modern ERP system and associated processes. You will have the opportunity to shape things from the ground up and thus also according to your ideal conception. Through your foresight, you will ensure smoothly functioning accounting processes in the long term, as they are ideally lived in technology-affine companies.
- You are responsible for the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and the consolidated financial statements (currently according to HGB, in future IFRS)
- In day-to-day business, you look after the German parent company as well as our foreign subsidiaries
- Together with your colleagues, you take care of HGB/IFRS-compliant accounting, valuation and booking of business transactions as well as the implementation and monitoring of electronic payment transactions
- In close cooperation with your colleagues from the finance team, you support the creation of timely reports and income statements at company and cost centre level
- You are responsible for determining accruals and deferrals across all companies
- You will be involved in the further development of internal accounting processes, accounting guidelines, structures and standards, also with regard to digitalisation and automation
- You are the contact person for all DeepL companies for accounting and tax issues for our shareholders, the management and your colleagues as well as for tax advisors, auditors, banks and tax authorities
- You have an exciting and dynamic environment with many opportunities to take on special tasks and projects (e.g. introduction of ERP, forward-looking technology-supported processes in the quote-to-cash and procure-to-pay process, IFRS transformation, etc.)
What we offer
- A friendly, international and effective team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Flat hierarchies and thus a lot of creative freedom
- Meaningful work: we tear down language barriers around the world and thus bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- Optional Sport Club Membership
- A nice office in Cologne (or comparable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- A successfully completed business degree, e.g. in accounting, balance sheets or tax law or comparable commercial training, e.g. as a balance sheet accountant (f/m/d) or tax consultant/auditor (f/m/d)
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the relevant field, ideally at a software-as-a-service (SaaS) or technology company with SE or AG group structure
- Relevant experience in various ERP systems is a must
- Solid knowledge of cost centre and cost unit accounting as well as balance sheet and tax law
- A quick grasp and a strong analytical understanding of numbers as well as an eye for the "big picture"
- Existing experience in the IFRS transformation of formerly pure HGB companies, experience in accounting for various matters in accordance with IFRS is an advantage
- Proven experience in the development and definition of accounting processes
- Fluent written and spoken German and English, other foreign languages are an advantage
We are looking forward to your application!