Security Engineer | IAM
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyEngineering
...is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work, we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne, or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
- IT security is very important to DeepL. To ensure that our datacenters remain secure, you will be a member of the Security Team within the DevOps Track and work with our engineering teams to secure our applications, systems, and environments
- In this role, we are looking for a Security Engineer with a focus on Identity- and Access management. As an IAM engineer, you will mainly work on different questions related to access, authorization and privilege in a very interesting landscape of systems, services, and requirements.
- Tweak and perfect our policies and implementations on authentication, authorization, and privileges.
- Strike the right balance between strict permissions and allowing everyone to do their work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be the go-to person for any IAM-related questions across the company.
What we offer
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our employees to work from the comfort of your home office in Germany, Poland, Netherlands, or the UK or in one of our comfortable offices
- State-of-the-art equipment for your workplace
- Almost completely open-source technology on the inside - if we run it, we can fix it ourselves
- Operation at scale for products used by more than 100 million people worldwide
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust, and a concise decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- You have a background in IT security with a strong focus on Authorization, Authentication, and Access Management.
- Past experience setting up complex access and permission plans.
- No bias towards any particular provider and you’re all about open source.
- You feel familiar with concepts and protocols like LDAP, OIDC, SAML, RBAC, PAM, U2F, WebAuthn and least privilege.
- You are not living cloud-only and prefer to secure linux-based on-prem systems
- Loads of hands-on technical work under your belt as an experienced engineer.
If you don't tick all of the boxes above but feel like you're the right person: Don't worry, give it a shot!
We are looking forward to your application!