Security Engineer (f/m/d) - GER, NL, UK or PL
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Köln oder PaderbornEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available to everyone free of charge. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our open and positive workplace philosophy enables employees to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language-related problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
IT security is a topic of central importance here at DeepL. To ensure that our data centers remain secure, you will be a member of the DevOps Department and work with our engineering teams to secure our applications, systems, and environments. Depending on the need, you will introduce new components and develop the existing infrastructure. In this context, decisions on architectural issues or the selection of components are made by the entire team in open discussions, so you will have frequent opportunities to contribute to these discussions.
- You are DeepL's first line of digital defence! You recognise incoming threats and vulnerabilities, and work proactively to protect our systems
- Perform security reviews and advise other teams with security-related questions
- Detect and analyze potential security incidents
- Help build solutions to improve the security of our infrastructure, network, and services
- Automate security processes in the development lifecycle
- Become a knowledge resource for best security practices not only within your own team, but for others- share your wisdom as one of our in-house experts across the company to improve security awareness across the board at DeepL
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Interesting quests: raise the security bar of a company whose product is used by over 100 million people worldwide
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are a small, effective, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- The opportunity to visit our datacenters in Iceland and Finland with the team
- Join our cross-functional DevOps department and take the opportunity to learn new skills from your parallel teams in Platform Engineering, System Integrations and Build Pipelines
- Several years of professional experience in a hands-on technical security role (either offensive or defensive)
- You have a deep technical understanding of vulnerabilities, threats, and developments in information security, and keep abreast of the latest developments in this field
- You have solid scripting (Python/Bash), networking, and Linux skills
- Experience and initiative in the implementation of security-critical projects
- Experience with incident response is a plus
- Knowledge in GitOps, configuration management and Kubernetes is a plus
- A collaborative and engaging team player who is not shy in introducing their own ideas
- Keen to get your hands on new tools and break them in creative ways
- Fluent communication in English, any German would be a bonus
We are looking forward to your application!