Sales Manager / Manager Inside Sales (f/m/d) - London
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We’re looking for a high-energy manager with a proven track record in SaaS sales and the ability to inspire a high-growth team to lead our team of Account Executives. You'll be a success in this role if you have proven experience in managing, building and inspiring a team to achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly targets. As manager of DeepL’s sales team looking after European, North American, and Japanese sales, you will be leading highly visible, strategic efforts for DeepL. A motivating nature and high attention to detail will be critical.
- Setting up the Sales team to hit monthly and quarterly quotas
- Supporting direct reports by participating and leading in prospect and customer meetings
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team, includes recruiting, on-boarding and training new Account Executives, team events and culture building
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings and key deal reviews. Coach direct reports on strategies to drive closure - both for new business prospects and customer expansion accounts
- Using sales metrics to manage the team and individual AEs, tracking the results and succinctly reporting to senior management
- Identifying ways to innovate our sales model, including product demonstrations, automation of manual tasks and implementing with marketing and ops teams
- Evolving and refining the sales strategy, process and tactics to improve performance
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust with efficient decision-making processes
- The opportunity to sell a product on an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- The possibility to build and shape our sales processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- Extensive experience in software sales, with considerable experience in SaaS
- Consistent overachievement as an individual contributor
- Minimum 2 year of sales management experience
- Passionate about training early career reps, and validated experience building a great working environment
- Able to thrive in a start-up environment - you move quickly, think strategically, and are superb at tactical execution
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with customer-facing and back-office teams
- Excellent presentation, organisation and listening skills
- Fluency in English required
- Nice to have: Business level German, French, Spanish or Italian
We are looking forward to your application!