Sales Manager Japan (f/m/d) | Japan
RemoteJapan, Tokyo, TokyoSales
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We’re looking for a passionate, enterprising SaaS Sales Manager to join us in navigating further growth across Japan and becoming a key figure within DeepL's continued international success. The successful person will be instrumental in establishing our company culture, enabling commercial success and inspiring positivity across our growing sales teams as well as our broader operations in the region.
- Provide strong leadership, vision and direction for the sales team and broader DeepL sales organisation
- Lead ongoing growth and development including hiring, onboarding, training, and coaching reps
- Participate in C-level customer and prospect meetings and help execution closing them with appropriate timeline
- Maintain a high level knowledge of DeepL product and solutions while staying current in understanding the competitive landscape and industry trends
- Be accountable for the attainment of your sales representative’s performance targets
- Partner with Sales Development, Solution Consultant, Customer Success and other cross-functional teams to drive success and prioritize where DeepL invests its resources
- Track and analyze sales pipelines and activities to understand and capitalize on buying trends and patterns
- Report accurately to senior management on progress/obstacles including regular sales forecast
- Establish policies, processes and procedures that will ensure revenue growth
- Roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary for the customer and your team
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- The possibility to build and shape our sales processes for our further success!
- Regular team-building events locally and internationally
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-up to large enterprise, all departments and industries)
- 3+ years of Account Executive management experience
- 8+ years of Sales experience preferably within an MM or Enterprise SaaS organization
- Currently and successfully leading a team of MM/Enterprise Account Executives in B2B SaaS solution sales environment
- Solid understanding of B2B SaaS applications and collaboration technology
- Consistent track record of achieving personal and team goals
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, executing, discovery and presentation skills
- History of thriving in a rapidly changing environment
- Enthusiasm for increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Results-oriented, self-directed with a passion to succeed
- Fluency in English and Japanese
We are looking forward to your application!