Risk Manager | SOX Expert
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyFinance
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication
What will you be doing at DeepL?
During this phase of growth, you will apply your expertise in US financial and business regulations, particularly SOX- Sarbanes -Oxley Act. As a strong growing company we want to evolve our financial implementation of regulatory requirements. You will have the opportunity to design and create risk management strategies and how to minimise these risks. You will work closely with the Finance team to monitor and update risk assessments and implement changes. As part of this role you will also prepare detail reports and share these with our leadership team.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to identify and evaluate potential risk factors that could impact business objectives.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies to minimize the impact of identified risks.
- Monitor compliance with U.S. business and financial regulations, particularly Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Work closely with internal departments to create risk management plans and ensure policies and procedures are implemented appropriately.
- Implementation of new regulatory requirements and the corresponding adaption of business processes.
- Prepare detailed risk reports and present these reports to management and senior leadership.
- Continuously monitor and update risk assessment to respond to changing business conditions and environments.
- Train employees on risk management practices and procedures.
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together, with a product already used by over 100 million people worldwide
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL/JP, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- MacBook Pro 16" with M1 Max and 64 GB RAM, a 4k display and any peripherals you want to support a smooth remote work experience
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- At least 3 years of risk management experience, ideally gained in an international corporate environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of US financial and business regulations, particularly Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Proven experience in identifying and assessing business risks and developing and implementing appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Experience in the implementation of regulatory requirements and the corresponding adaption of business processes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and evaluate complex risk scenarios.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to provide risk reports to executives and stakeholders.
- Team-oriented attitude and ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.