Python Developer | Research Tooling
RemoteGermany (office or remote), Berlin, GermanyResearch
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to
help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created
the world's best machine translation system and made it available to
everyone free of charge. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL
the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our open and positive workplace philosophy enables employees to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language-related problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are
overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our
services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to
break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
- You develop and maintain various tools to support the research team, e.g. for managing jobs on our GPU cluster or visualising data from ML experiments
- You build command line tools as well as backends and frontends of web applications
- You work closely with the Research and DevOps departments
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne and Berlin you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work
- Regular innovative team-building events – internationally, as well as whole company events
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Hack-Fridays – Every month we have a dedicated, interruption-free day on a company-wide scale to work on a project of your choice. Whatever it might be, if it means something to you, this is your day to do it.
- Stay healthy – We offer a private health and travel insurance that comes with a bonus you can spend on vision, dental or any other needs
- With our people-centric approach, we value Life-Domain Balance and mental well-being! Therefore we offer 30 days of holiday and provide a mental well-being app with access to psychologists, group sessions, and self-guided learning tools
- Annual education budget to advance your skills with courses & qualifications of your choice
- Degree in Computer Science (or a related subject) and at least two years of working experience in backend development with Python
- Experience with Python backend frameworks (e.g. FastAPI, Flask, etc.) and SQL databases
- You have experience working in Linux environments.
- Some experience with Docker and Kubernetes would be a big plus.
- You show initiative and enjoy solving challenging problems
- Fluent in English
If you feel like you might be a good fit for this role but you don’t ticket all the boxes, please apply nevertheless!