Product Marketing Manager (f/m/d) | Apps
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
DeepL seeks a creative, analytical, collaborative product marketer to join our fast-growing team. As a Product Marketing Manager, initially responsible for the adoption and monetization of our mobile and desktop apps, you will dive deep into consumer insights, help drive product strategy, and lead go-to-market efforts. The ideal candidate will enjoy working cross-functionally and be motivated by delivering on product adoption results.
- Lead go-to-market planning and launches for new and existing apps that drive full-funnel measurable results, rooted in data and insights
- Partner with product, design, and data teams to define apps’ target audiences and uncover new opportunities
- Partner with Product Team to manage product rollouts for DeepL's desktop (Windows, macOS) and mobile apps (iOS, Android)
- Develop positioning, audience, and channel strategies for new and existing features and products that drive measurable growth for our apps usage and monetization
- Build and own messaging, positioning for DeepL Apps (both B2C and B2B context)
- Drive user acquisition, activation, retention, and monetization (future) campaigns for the Apps product segment;
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis for Translation Apps space;
- Partner with Content and Marketing teams to create Sales- and Support enablement materials.
What we offer
- Work on the scale. Opportunity to grow the state-of-art technology with a strong product x market fit. Over half of a billion people used DeepL up to this date;
- Experience the hyper-growth. Over the past two years, we grew our team from 20 to 250 employees distributed across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan;
- Shape a newly-established Product Marketing squad. Work alongside other PMMs to scale our product advocacy;
- We got your back. We have an experienced, highly committed team with trust and transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, empathy, and inclusivity are similarly important;
- Flexible Work Arrangements. With office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We've also designed an efficient and inclusive remote-first organization during the pandemic. Remote work is not part of the benefits; it's part of our culture;
- Meaningful work. We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together;
- Regular team events – internationally. You are going to love it!
- 4+ years of marketing with 2+ years in product marketing, with technology and/or start-up experience
- Passionate storyteller with solid communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Experience taking apps to market and working closely with sales teams is preferred
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Growth mindset with a results-driven approach to work (testing, measuring, iterating)
- Strength in analytics, critical thinking, and reasoned judgment
- Combination of strategic thinking and the ability to roll up sleeves and get it done
We are looking forward to your application!