Product Manager | Expansion
RemoteLondon, England, United KingdomProduct
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your next destination.
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
Meet the team behind this journey
Define the mission, strategy and roadmap to drive revenue expansion within our existing subscriber base
Lead a collaborative team process to translate user and business needs into development requirements that drive impact
Own the product lifecycle from discovery to launch and driving measurable business impact
Define metrics and KPIs to measure and report progress
Ensure the maximum Return on Investment for all of your team’s efforts
Communicate strategy, ideas and concepts clearly, aimed at the right audience, with the help of insight and data
Identify opportunities for new features and products that leverage the global scale of our user base and data
Qualities we look for
3+ years of experience as a Product Manager working with Engineers and Design in an agile environment
Experienced in optimising conversion funnels or driving initiatives that impact pricing and packaging or churn prevention
Strong understanding of how to lead an impactful product team – analysis, hypothesis formation, ideation, prioritisation and execution
Experienced in driving the whole product lifecycle – research, prototyping, iterative development and testing, launch, and continuous improvement
Consistent in using qualitative and quantitative insights to define strategy, goals and roadmap
Comfortable taking decisions and moving forward to learn fast when data or research might be difficult to acquire
Analytical and focused on solving problems elegantly but simply. You are able to analyze and break down large problems to a structured approach, with small measurable steps to achieve your goals
Data driven. You base your decisions on facts, not opinion, and always seek to validate any hypothesis both before and after implementation
Experienced working on a product at scale, with an international footprint is an advantage
Experience with Software-as-a-Service business model is nice to have
Strong communication and presentation skills with the help of insight and data
Resilient and able to deal with uncertainty and constant change
Fluent in English
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Remote work, flexible hours: whether you're near or in our hubs in cities like Cologne, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer remote opportunities, flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Monthly full-day hacking sessions: every month, we have Hack Fridays, where you can spend your time diving into a project you're passionate about and get the opportunity to work with other teams–we value your initiatives, impact, and creativity.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path which contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.
If this role and our mission resonate with you, but you're hesitant because you don't check all the boxes, don't let that hold you back. At DeepL, it's all about the value you bring and the growth we can foster together. Go ahead, apply—let's discover your potential together. We can't wait to meet you!
Please make sure to send your application in English.