Principal Software Engineer - Payment Systems (f/m/d) - GER, UK, NL, PL or Remote
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks that help people work with language. With DeepL Translate and DeepL Write we have created the world's best systems for translating and enhancing text and made it available to businesses and individuals. Over the next few years, our aim is to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly known as Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We're focused on developing exciting new products, so we spend time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We have an open and positive workplace philosophy, which allows people to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. We use cutting-edge technologies in our daily work.
Perhaps you have enjoyed our services and would like to join us. You can play an important role in our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate global communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique neural networks, DeepL is able to deliver the world’s best translation quality. In order to keep it that way, we are constantly improving our apps and adding exciting new features - and this is where your experience in developing sophisticated software comes in.
The PSEP will build and maintain our subscription, billing and payments ecosystem together with product engineering teams. The role will own and drive technical decision making to ensure the scalability, reliability, availability and security of our internal backend systems within Business Engineering to meet the revenue growth goals of the business.
By defining a path to implementation, this role should ensure that product decisions and planning are carried out in a harmonized way. The PSEP ensures good collaboration, which means that any impediments or blockages are known to product and management stakeholders so that they can be resolved as soon as possible to avoid delays.
- Be responsible for facilitating the overall architecture of our business systems across teams, system owners and engineers
- Provide guidance on the architecture and it's components through the commissioning and decommissioning of all services involved
- Being in charge for final architectural decisions with ADRs or similar methodology
- Help teams to plan and estimate activities
- Create a realistic roadmap together with team leads and product managers, challenging timelines and providing predictability of deliverables back to the business
- Mentor, grow and coach other senior software engineers, engineering managers and business leaders
What we offer
- Interesting and challenging software development work on a product that is already used by over 100 million people
- Code reviews and a focus on high quality
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up!
- We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- Proven experience in developing high quality backend software systems at scale
- Experience with payment platforms, payment service providers or gateways, point of sale, financial technology systems and subscription engines
- Experience around credit card processors, SEPA, SWIFT and similar transfer mechanisms
- Enthusiasm for working on a C# based software ecosystem
- Experience in implementing ERPs like Workday or SAP is a plus
- Proactive and proficient stakeholder communication in English
Please make sure to send your application in English, we are looking forward to it!