RemoteLondon, England, United KingdomSales
Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your next destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
You will play a critical role in the evolution of DeepL’s Pricing & Packaging Strategy. You will be responsible for driving revenue growth by optimising our pricing and packaging strategies for different market segments globally. Your goal is to build an efficient framework leveraging B2B SaaS best practices to simplify the buying journey and maximise customer value. You will be the pricing strategy point of contact for leadership, sales, marketing and product teams, working cross-functionally to refine pricing and packaging models for both new and existing products in alignment with DeepL’s growth and profitability goals.
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership to create pricing and packaging strategies that unlock significant incremental new business and expansion ARR growth in the Enterprise.
- Identify and understand customer value drivers through market research, segmentation, and customer willingness to pay.
- Lead the collection and analysis of market data, industry trends, and pricing competitive intelligence to inform strategic decision-making and go-to-market strategies.
- Refine pricing and packaging models for new and existing products aligned with DeepL growth and profitability goals.
- Lead the repackaging of the B2B offering with multi-tier packaging to capture value up and down the market.
- Partner with product marketing to create the packaging and pricing for new products during the new product launch process. Assess market and customer price sensitivity, competitor pricing, and financial objectives in new and adjacent categories to establish initial pricing, and test pricing post-launch.
- Develop the pricing strategy to support the sales of our core products through Partners in North America, EMEA, and APJ.
- Create pricing and packaging options for monetizing advanced support and/or professional services offerings.
- Evaluate opportunities to lower or raise pricing in B2B offers to maximize market share capture and customer lifetime value.
- Partner with product and technology teams to simplify and improve the efficiencies of product-led growth (PLG) self-service renewal motion for business, incentivizing upgrades to the next product tier and optimizing renewal rates.
- Develop a programmatic promotions framework in partnership with GTM, and then deliver promotions to accelerate and unblock new business pipeline, incentivize expansion and renewals, and make it simple for current customers to adopt new products when launched.
- Assess operational and alignment issues with historical and current pricing and packaging, develop a roadmap to reduce the ‘legacy pricing and packaging debt’ over time, then prioritize and execute the work.
- Iterate and optimize the portfolio of product and services packages to complement additions and enhancements to the product suite in order to ensure customers are successful throughout their lifecycle.
- Deliver regular updates to executive leadership, offering actionable proposals and recommendations based on market intelligence, competitive intelligence and Voice of Customer insights.
- Train organization on new pricing and packaging through direct participation in Billing and Revenue Operations team meetings, GTM enablement sessions, and town hall meeting presentations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all business pricing questions for cross functional teams, partners and analysts.
Qualities we look for
- Extensive experience in pricing, strategy, finance, or a combination of relevant functions with in-depth knowledge of SaaS business models and subscription pricing.
- Hands-on experience with proven impact developing pricing and packaging strategies that maximize revenue and profitability across new and existing products, and across a range of customer segments.
- Experience across North America, EMEA, and APJ markets and with direct-to-consumer, PLG and sales-driven GTM motions.
- Deep experience working with finance teams to develop financial models that evaluate product margins and the impact of pricing changes on ARR and LTV.
- Exceptional analytical skills and comfort working with quantitative and qualitative analyses, financial modeling, sensitivity analyses, pricing studies, and pricing research.
- Excellent business acumen to evaluate and analyze key business drivers, risks and opportunities.
- Strong collaborator able to influence cross-functional teams and leverage partners across product, marketing, sales, finance, and data to execute the work that activates the pricing and packaging strategy.
- Effective communicator that can drive a clear narrative on pricing analyses and recommendations for an executive leadership audience, building consensus and resolving conflict across all levels of the organization.
- A strategist and operator that can translate strategy into actionable plans, and also guide a team to efficiently execute on those plans in an ambiguous and high-growth environment.
- Growth mindset that continuously evaluates and refines approaches based on feedback to ultimately maximize impact and effectiveness for the business, customers and the people you work with.
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together
- Remote work, flexible hours: whether you're near or in our hubs in cities like Cologne, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer remote opportunities, flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally
- Monthly full-day hacking sessions: every month, we have Hack Fridays, where you can spend your time diving into a project you're passionate about and get the opportunity to work with other teams–we value your initiatives, impact, and creativity
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path which contributes to your career development and we'll back you up
If this role and our mission resonate with you, but you're hesitant because you don't check all the boxes, don't let that hold you back. At DeepL, it's all about the value you bring and the growth we can foster together. Go ahead, apply—let's discover your potential together. We can't wait to meet you!
Please make sure to send your application in English.