PR Specialist (f/m/d) - Korea
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyMarketing
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique AI language technology, DeepL can provide the world’s best translation quality. To help us communicate our values and products the best way possible, we need your expert communication, and brilliant creative skills. You will be working in a highly motivated team and helping us with a wide array of tasks including development of PR campaigns, research media and industry trends, build and maintain positive public and media relations, advise on various cultural aspects of your target region, and much more. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Manage all Public Relations in Korea in coordination with our international PR team
- Plan and execute new PR campaigns in Korea and deliver measurable results and meet objectives
- Advise on aspects of Korean media, culture and language
- Communicate ideas and suggestions relating to our language service to other teams
- Initiate and keep a strong and long-lasting media relationship in Korea
- Develop and edit PR material (including press releases and press kits)
- Follow industry relevant trends in Korea, monitor and analyse relevant news
- Cooperate, align with and report to our international PR team
- Coordinate work and collaborate with PR agencies
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with much trust with efficient decision-making processes
- A chance to work at scale – market state-of-art technology with a solid product-market fit, and over half of a billion people used DeepL up to this date
- Experience a fast-growth environment - over the past two years; we grew our team from 20 to 250 employees distributed across the UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We got your back - we have an experienced and highly committed team that thrives on transparent decision-making processes
- We cherish collaboration and efficiency but are human in our approach - empathy and inclusivity are critical
- Flexible work arrangements. With office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We've also designed an efficient and inclusive remote-first organisation during the pandemic. Remote work is not part of the benefits; it's part of our culture;
- Ownership matters on all levels. We offer a virtual share program for all employees;
- Meaningful work. We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together;
- Regular team events - internationally.
- You are passionate about Public Relations and Technology
- You live in Germany, Netherlands, Poland, UK or Japan
- You are fluent in Korean with strong oral and written communication skills, and you are familiar with the linguistic and cultural details of the language
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You bring creative ideas, expertise, and lots of enthusiasm
- You are dedicated, creative and enjoy collaborative work with your team and other teams
- You have a good eye for detail and have excellent organizational skills
- You have a thorough understanding of Korean media landscape (including tech), language and culture
- You have at least 5 years of experience in PR, Communications or Journalism in Korea
- You can work in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment
- BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications
- Knowledge of other languages, e.g., Spanish, German, or French, is a plus.
We are looking forward to your application!