Pipeline Engineer - DevOps (w/m/d) - GER, UK, NL, PL
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
In order for the translation technology to be used by millions of users, we now operate 3 data centres. With the existing team, you are responsible for the development, expansion and maintenance of build pipelines and the construction and maintenance of the test infrastructure. You maintain the CI/CD runners on various platforms and operating systems and are responsible for managing the security releases for build and deployment secrets.
You help our teams ship their software in the best way possible. This includes:
- Working with other engineering teams directly in a consulting role
- Improving our shared build tooling and processes
- Monitoring our CI/CD environments for performance and errors
- Increasing our security through standardized tooling
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together, with a product already used by over 100 million people worldwide
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year, we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity, and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL/JP, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- MacBook Pro 16" with M1 Max and 64 GB RAM, a 4k display, and any peripherals you want to support a smooth remote work experience
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- You're interested in the role! Whether you studied, went to a vocational school or just learned it yourself, it doesn't matter
- A communicative personality and enjoy solving even difficult problems
- Sound knowledge of CI/CD platforms - we now use Gitlab instead of Jenkins
If the above sounds like you, perfect!
Optionally we would also appreciate the following:
- Knowledge of different Operating Systems like Linux, Windows, macOS
- Experience in programming - we use Python and Bash in the team, but any experience helps when talking to the other teams
- Understanding of virtualization and containers - We rely on libvirt/QEMU and Docker on our Kubernetes platform
If you don't tick all of the boxes above but feel like you're the right person: Don't worry, give it a shot!
We are looking forward to your application!