Pipeline Engineer - DevOps (w/m/d) - GER, UK, NL, PL
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Amsterdam, London, Cologne, or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
In order for the translation technology to be used by millions of users, we now operate 3 data centers. With the existing team, you are responsible for the development, expansion, and maintenance of build pipelines and the construction and maintenance of the test infrastructure. You maintain the CI/CD runners on various platforms and operating systems and are responsible for managing the security releases for build and deployment secrets.
About the Platform team
The platform team provides an easy-to-use system for our developers to build and run their applications. We accomplish this by utilizing Kubernetes, Gitlab CI, ArgoCD, and Prometheus (to name a few) on our bare metal infrastructure across three data centres. In the Pipeline Engineering role, you are actively involved in extending our platform offering with regards to building and shipping applications our developers build.
You help our teams ship their software in the best way possible. This includes:
- Working with other engineering teams directly in a consulting role
- Improving our shared build tooling and processes
- Monitoring our CI/CD environments for performance and errors
- Increasing our security through standardized tooling
What we offer
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our employees to work from the comfort of your home office in Germany, Poland, Netherlands, or the UK or in one of our comfortable offices
- State-of-the-art equipment for your workplace
- Operation at scale for products used by more than 100 million people worldwide
- The chance to work and play with state-of-the-art technologies like Kubernetes
- Interesting challenges: operating and maintaining clusters for a huge web presence
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust, and very short decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- You're interested in the role! Whether you studied, went to a vocational school or just learned it yourself, it doesn't matter
- A communicative personality and enjoy solving even difficult problems
- Sound knowledge of CI/CD platforms - we now use Gitlab instead of Jenkins
If the above sounds like you, perfect!
Optionally we would also appreciate the following:
- Knowledge of different Operating Systems like Linux, Windows, macOS
- Experience in programming - we use Python and Bash in the team, but any experience helps when talking to the other teams
- Understanding of virtualization and containers - We rely on libvirt/QEMU and Docker on our Kubernetes platform
If you don't tick all of the boxes above but feel like you're the right person: Don't worry, give it a shot!
We are looking forward to your application!