People Operations Specialist | Services & Support
Berlin or Cologne (Hybrid), Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As a experienced People Operations Specialist, you will be a pivotal member of the People Services & Support sub-team, which is part of the broader People Operations Team at DeepL. With a growing sub-team size currently at five, you'll take ownership of all administrative and operational matters concerning DeepL's employees. Your work will elevate the People & Culture team to world-class standards. In this role, you'll work closely with teammates from People Partnering, Talent Acquisition, and People Operations Project Management. You'll also engage in cross-functional collaboration with other departments and key stakeholders across the business. Your primary focus will be on streamlining, accelerating, and automating our procedures, thereby contributing to DeepL's reputation as a leading employer in Germany and an exceptional tech company.
- Serve as the subject matter expert within the People team, providing guidance and executing tasks related to payroll, employment contracts, onboarding and offboarding procedures, company policies, employee relocations, and legal compliance
- Conduct assessments of existing processes, pinpoint areas for enhancement, and propose and enact improvements, taking into consideration their broader implications
- Support the ongoing digital transformation, focusing on the automation of workflows and electronic records management.
- You're proficient in the use of digital HR platforms and are enthusiastic about leveraging them to automate and simplify operations whenever feasible
- Manage internal initiatives and inter-departmental projects, maintaining effective communication with stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with various departments like Finance, Talent Acquisition, Office Management, and Legal, to ensure streamlined operations and an excellent employee experience
What we offer
- A friendly, international and very committed People team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Flat hierarchies and a lot freedom to drive projects in a creative way
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- Benefits such as JobRad, fitness club membership, Lunchit (daily lunch allowance), travel health insurance for private and professional trips abroad and individual learning budgets
- A nice office in Cologne or Berlin with fresh fruits, snacks, drinks and good humor - the possibility to work remotely and a lot of flexibility
- Generous annual leave allowance
- You feel at home in a remote-friendly tech startup environment with rapid change and evolution
- Proven years of experience in a comparable role
- Ability to think at a strategic level while being hands-on in execution, focusing on delivering results. You balance a commitment to service with an eye for innovation, and can dive into the specifics while keeping stakeholders informed of the broader vision.
- Clear, strong verbal communication and consulting skills and the ability to build strong relationships with your team and with stakeholders across the organization
- We expect to see you at least monthly at our Cologne HQ for planning and mentoring over snacks and coffee after attending one of our beloved barista classes