People Operations Specialist (London) (f/m/d)
London, England, United KingdomPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We are growing very fast right now. This is an exciting time for DeepL and we need active support as soon as possible. This is where you come in with your expertise! You will bring your structured way of working, your organizational talent, HR administration knowledge, and UK Visa experience to support us in bringing new colleagues on board and driving existing processes forward in order to achieve great goals together. As our UK expert, you will help maintain and cultivate our people-centric work culture at DeepL.
This is an opportunity to get your hands dirty with everything from the foundational building of our systems and processes to mapping the experiences to data entry and operations improvements while balancing strategic planning and execution within the business. You will join a kind, efficient and very well-organized people team, which is continuously growing just like the company, and which will realize great projects together with you.
- You support us in all administrative areas, e.g. payroll & benefit queries, drafting contract changes, letters and references including regulated responses, escalating as appropriate
- As the UK expert of the People Ops team, you will need to have experience with the processing of UK visa applications, general relocation support, and the coordination of immigration enquiries with the assistance of our third-party provider.
- You will be the first point of contact for our UK colleagues to support on topics such as payroll, vacation, parental leave, etc.
- Onboarding new joiners in person at our London Soho office as needed.
- Support, respond, and maintain the shared People Operations mailbox
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with other People disciplines such as Talent Acquisition and People Partners
- Ensure that all People administration processes are adhered to and kept up-to-date in accordance with UK labour laws, internal policy and procedures. Examples include (but are not limited to) new joiner process, onboarding process etc.
- Use the data from our people information systems to provide Team Leads and Leadership information for reporting on key measures & metrics and dashboards as required
- Drive efficiency by supporting the automation of processes via people operation technology tools
- There are many challenging, but exciting projects and tasks coming up this year: We look forward to your input in designing and optimizing existing as well as new admin processes in our People Team!
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: DeepL is a remote-positive and people-centric company that ensures you can work where you feel comfortable.
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- Benefits such as Cashback Card, fitness club membership, travel health insurance for private and professional trips abroad
- Extensive experience and proven track record in the area of HR administration and employee lifecycles, ideally in a dynamic and fast-growing work environment
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of UK labour laws and ideally international labour law
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and structure your work
- Self-motivated, articulate and professional
- An open-minded, people-oriented and empathic personality with a hands-on mentality
- You are willing to work from our (Soho) London office at least once per week
- Very good English skills written and spoken, if you also speak German this would be a plus
We are looking forward to your application!