Payroll Specialist (f/m/d)
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyBusiness Functions
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL in future?
We are growing very strongly and are gaining a large number of customers every day. That is an exciting time! At the same time, the number of employees at our domestic and international locations is also growing. And this is where your expertise comes into play: with your experience and motivation, you will be responsible for the development and transformation of our payroll accounting. You are part of a growing finance team and take responsibility for the entire in-house process of (international) payroll. Through your farsightedness, you will ensure smoothly functioning processes in the long term, as they are ideally lived in technology-savvy companies.
- In close cooperation with our people team, you are responsible for the timely preparation and systematic follow-up and quality of our monthly payroll for our 500+ domestic and international employees
- You coordinate the processes with regard to payroll, benefits, pension schemes and supplementary health insurance in cooperation with our external payroll providers
- You develop and optimize existing processes, considering country-specific aspects and legal requirements for our locations in Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, Poland and Japan
- You review international payrolls in compliance with local labour laws and requirements
- As part of the Accounting team, you are the contact person for accountants in terms of commissions, vacation accruals, etc.
- The further development of internal payroll accounting and remuneration processes, guidelines, structures and standards, also with regard to digitalization and automation and other improvement possibilities, is significantly advanced by you
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible working arrangements: With offices in Cologne, Berlin, London and Amsterdam, you can decide where and how you work. We offer full remote working from UK/DE/NL/PL, no conditions, no "check" - DeepL is now and forever a remote-positive company
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- A successfully completed business studies degree or commercial training
- Several years of professional experience in the area of payroll accounting in a large company
- Technical affinity and analytical mindset, very good knowledge of common MS-Office tools
- Fluency in English and German
- A high degree of personal responsibility, transparency, and proactive communication as well as a structured and goal-oriented approach to work
- Experience in supporting globally operating companies and related payroll tax and social security knowledge
- Experience in the area of compensation and benefit benchmarking is a plus
We are looking forward to your application!