Partner Strategy Lead | EMEA
London, England, United KingdomSales
DeepL, Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your next destination.
What sets us apart?
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We’re looking for a passionate professional to help us define and implement the strategy for how we work with partners, taking our products to market with a focus on Enterprise. This will include Global System Integrators (GSIs), Independent Solution Vendors (ISVs), Language Service Providers (LSPs) and Computer Aided Translation (CAT) companies, all of whom work with and integrate DeepL translation into solutions for their customers.
A number of these partnerships are successfully deployed but need better defining and expanding upon. Over time this will likely also include defining a resell model for our solutions - as we operate globally, these partners may be Global, Regional or Country specific and our strategy should incorporate all these types of partners.
Once we have defined and decided on a strategy, this person will be responsible for working cross company to deliver a program to define each aspect of the strategy and how partners operate with us, including:
- Managing stakeholders across multiple teams within DeepL (sales, marketing and others) to align partner strategies with broader business functions, ensuring a cohesive and integrated approach for overall success
- Building out a partnerships team with the potential to progress into a leadership role
- Conduct market research to identify new partnership opportunities, assess competitor landscapes, and keep up with industry trends that can influence partner strategies
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the success of partner initiatives, making data-driven decisions to optimise and enhance partner relationships
- Our Partner Strategy Lead/Director will report directly into our Chief Revenue Officer, reflecting the importance of the role and focus for the company
Qualities we look for
- Several years experience within a Partner eco-system as either a vendor or a partner
- Experienced with the GTM model of SAAS and consumption based models on a global scale
- Developed and delivered strategy and program for a similar sized company (<1,000 employees) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the translation market and/or AI/ML would also be advantageous and accelerate the candidates speed to delivery
- History of thriving in a rapidly changing environment
- Results-oriented, self-directed with a passion to succeed
- Fluency in English (both reading and writing) is required in order to succeed within this key role
What we offer
Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
Remote work, flexible hours: whether you're near or in our hubs in cities like Cologne, Berlin, Amsterdam, London, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer remote opportunities, flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
Monthly full-day hacking sessions: every month, we have Hack Fridays, where you can spend your time diving into a project you're passionate about and get the opportunity to work with other teams–we value your initiatives, impact, and creativity.
Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path which contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.
If this role and our mission resonate with you, but you're hesitant because you don't check all the boxes, don't let that hold you back. At DeepL, it's all about the value you bring and the growth we can foster together. Go ahead, apply—let's discover your potential together. We can't wait to meet you!
Please make sure to send your application in English