Network Specialist (f/m/d) - GER, UK, NL or PL
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available to everyone free of charge. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together!
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our open and positive workplace philosophy enables employees to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language-related problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
Work wherever you want
Whether you would like to work from home or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn, the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an integral part of the team. This is why we are looking for outstanding employees from all over Germany, the Netherlands, the UK or Poland.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
In this role, you will be an important building block in providing our free and professional services to our customers. You will also provide the foundation for our researchers to train new, even more sophisticated neural networks.
You will use your knowledge of networking to run a highly available and secure infrastructure in our data centers. You can expand your experience with configuration management and document your good work well.
- Actively take part in designing, implementing, and optimising the network layout in our data centers for research and production services
- Install and configure network infrastructure of multiple vendors
- Automate network infrastructure with config management and scripting
- Facilitate a meaningful monitoring and alerting protocol
- Take over responsibility for emergency playbooks and support at troubleshooting
- Implementation of network security together with our IT Security team
- Regular infrastructure training for our Operations team
What we offer
- A small, effective, and highly skilled team enjoying mutual trust and very short decision-making processes
- Meaningful work at scale. We break down language barriers worldwide and bring cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are a small, effective, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from DE/UK/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company, now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- The opportunity to visit our data centers in Iceland and Finland with the team
- Professional experience in a network engineering role
- Strong knowledge of switching and routing (BGB, OSPF)
- Advanced Firewalling and VPN knowledge
- Hands-on experience implementing networking functions in Linux (routing/firewalling/VPN)
- Willing to learn and deep dive into new technologies
- Excellent communication skills in English, any German would be a bonus!
Ideally, you also have one or more of the following:
- CCIE or a similar certification
- Practical experience with Napalm, Nornir or Puppet
- Python scripting
- A strong affinity for open source and the mindset to go with it
If you don't tick all of the boxes above but feel like you're the right person: Don't worry, give it a shot!
We are looking forward to your application!