Marketing Communications Manager- US
RemoteAustin, Texas, United StatesPR & Marketing
DeepL, Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
We recently raised our series B at a $1B+ valuation, backed by world-class investors including Benchmark, Bessemer Venture Partners, IVP, Atomico, btov, and WiL. Headquartered in Cologne, Germany, we're using this new funding and momentum to expand both our technology and our international presence with our official launch into the US market.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
Meet the team behind this journey
The DeepL communications team is a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly collaborative group. This team has been building strong foundations for media relations and AI thought leadership across the globe. We are part of the larger marketing team and collaborate cross-functionally to meet team and company goals. We believe strongly in the excellence of our products, our technology, and our mission. We play a crucial role in bringing DeepL's story to life worldwide.
- Drive DeepL’s PR activation in the most important markets of the region. You will shape our communications by transforming global messages into local narratives that resonate with our B2B and B2C audiences in the Americas, as well as with top tier media
- Expand upon and maintain media and key stakeholder relations. Be our resident expert in all things AI-related in the media landscape
- Build a roadmap for DeepL’s communication in the region, establishing strong narratives that foreground DeepL’s leadership in the AI landscape
- Manage multiple agencies and lead their efforts to drive regional PR strategy (development and execution)
- Develop strategies and campaigns to publish press releases, bylines, and company announcements, as well as respond to media requests that boost brand awareness and AI thought leadership
- Identify key conference and speaking opportunities, while managing event calendar and actively accompanying spokespeople to those events
- Assist the team in tracking success metrics and in budget planning.
- Conduct research and analysis as needed to support marketing and communications effort
Qualities we look for
- At least 8 years of professional experience in communications roles with a strong focus on SaaS PR/Comms and B2B. You have experience working for/with AI/tech companies, and in working with multiple agencies/or within a PR agency itself
- Experience in managing budgets
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English. The C2 level of Spanish as an additional language is a plus.
- An open mind to shifting projects and tight deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with proficiency in prioritizing, managing expectations, and learning from outcomes.
- A strong work ethic, collaborative mindset, and a practical and proactive attitude
- A proven track record in the development of integrated communications campaigns and the management of high-profile media relations in SaaS and B2B PR/comms
- Knowledge on measuring key PR success metrics
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Competitive salary, high-growth scale-up: we offer a competitive salary, stock options, and the experience of a fast-growing scale-up. We've doubled in size year-over-year, so come and be part of our US story, where your contributions not only add up–they multiply.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near or in our hubs in Austin, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer hybrid opportunities, including the option to work several days in the office each week. This allows you to engage directly with your team and experience the unique energy of our workspace, while still enjoying the flexibility and comfort of working from home as needed. With flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, we are in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements, blending in-person interactions with the autonomy of remote work.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Monthly full-day hacking sessions: every month, we have Hack Fridays, where you can spend your time diving into a project you're passionate about and get the opportunity to work with other teams–we value your initiatives, impact, and creativity.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professional
If this role and our mission resonate with you, but you're hesitant because you don't check all the boxes, don't let that hold you back. At DeepL, it's all about the value you bring and the growth we can foster together. Go ahead, apply—let's discover your potential together. We can't wait to meet you!