Marketing Manager (f/m/d) | Japan
RemoteJapan, Tokyo, TokyoMarketing
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies – not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As our first Marketing Specialist in Japan, you’ll support our Sales team by providing new contents, data, and leads through wide coverage of activities collaborating with our cross-functional team globally.
- Partner closely with entire sales team to plan, prioritize, and execute the wide coverage of marketing activities
- Build and lead Japan regional demand generation through the mixture of online and offline activities such as nurtures, integrated campaigns, owned/partner events
- Set the respective activity goals, analyze performance, draw insights and initiate activities to maximize performance
- Create Japanese local contents collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders: Use case, best practice, story, logo focused by Japanese customers
- Improve operational processes and reporting related to all marketing activities to measure effectiveness, performance, and ROI of marketing spend
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with much trust and an efficient decision-making processes
- The opportunity to shape a buyer’s experience for an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- A chance to work at scale – market state-of-art technology with a solid product-market fit, and over half of a billion people used DeepL up to this date
- Experience a fast-growth environment – over the past two years; we grew our team from 20 to over 300 employees distributed across the UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- Flexible work arrangements with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work
- Meaningful work as we break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events – internationally
- 8-10 years marketing experience, preferably in a B2B SaaS tech company
- Funnel based mind-set to develop, execute and measure progress of activities across diversified channels
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver, who is able to find creative solutions to meet business needs of both internal and external stakeholders
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills, experience in building strong relationship/engagement at all levels of customers
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment and have a can-do and proactive attitude
- You have a base of knowledge and experience of technologies such as CRM, MA, CS, BI, and KM
- Fluency in Japanese and English mandatory
- Experience to work in SaaS start-up environment, creating a bridge between customers and global marketing team
- You have a base of knowledge of Salesforce, Hubspot, and Slack to build up a healthy funnel structure and processes
- Fluency in a European language (especially German or French)
- Knowledge of translation software and technology
Please make sure to send your CV and cover letter in English.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!