Localization Specialist (f/m/d) | German
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyLanguage and Localization
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique AI language technology, DeepL is able to provide the world’s best translation quality. Join our team, and help us reach a global audience by providing first-class localized content.
As an experienced localization specialist with outstanding communication skills, you will join DeepL’s international and highly motivated team of language experts. Your role will involve a wide array of localization tasks, such as UX/UI and marketing localization. In addition, you will manage terminology databases, develop and maintain a style guide, advise on various cultural aspects of your target market, and much more!
Your work will have a real impact on the lives of millions of people around the globe. The job will also give you the opportunity to
learn and grow alongside other talented professionals from the many teams that collaborate with us in Localization. At DeepL, you’ll find a workplace that’s both challenging and rewarding.
Being a localization expert at DeepL means having a passion for diving into the cultural and linguistic nuances of language. If you thrive when producing localized content that doesn't sound like a translation and that appeals to users in your target market, we would love to hear from you!
- Localize, transcreate and proofread from English into German, applying the specific style, tone and voice required in each case
- Write and edit German language content
- Advise on aspects of German language and culture
- Maintain, improve and update our style guides and terminology for German
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/GER/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- Degree-level education in Translation or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of translation / localization experience, especially for marketing content and transcreation
- You are fluent in German and are familiar with the linguistic and cultural details of the language
- You are aware of the different varieties of German and have experience working with them
- You are fluent in English and feel comfortable communicating in English (written and spoken)
- You have experience in localization quality assurance and are used to working with CAT tools
- Experience working with UX-design, copywriting and marketing teams
- Experience with SaaS companies and/or language-focused companies
- Knowledge of other languages
Please make sure to send your application in English.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!