Localization Project Manager | Marketing
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnLanguage and Localization
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies – not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
Work from Germany, the Netherlands, the UK or Poland
Your choice! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland, and we are constantly looking for outstanding employees. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne, London or Amsterdam: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Localization demands are increasing at DeepL. We are looking for someone with experience managing localization requests from different teams, especially Marketing. You will cooperate closely with our current localization project manager—as well as with our marketing team, copywriters, and designers—and will assist a highly motivated team of localization specialists who work in different languages and ensure that all of our localized content makes the DeepL user experience successful worldwide.
We hope to hear from you if you have a passion for languages, share our love for detail, and enjoy teamwork. If you are a highly motivated person willing to help wherever possible, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Monitor the progress of ongoing localization
- Solve issues raised by language experts during localization and scale them to the rest of the languages, if necessary
- Provide language experts with new texts for localization
- Establish and manage the quality assurance workflow
- Revisit the workflow and adapt it to our growth
- Understand the evolution of localization at DeepL and report to the team lead
- Implement and help raise awareness of localization and best practices in the company
What we offer
- Meaningful work: Our goal is to break down language barriers and bring different cultures closer together.
- Have your voice heard: We are an experienced, highly committed team that values collaboration and productivity while also placing equal emphasis on individuality, trust, empathy, and inclusivity.
- A friendly, international team with efficient and transparent decision-making processes
- Flexible work arrangements: We offer fully remote work from within Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, and Poland—no strings attached; no “to be reviewed.” DeepL is and will remain a remote-positive company. We also have hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam for those who prefer working in an office environment.
- Regular team events
- 4+ years of experience as a project manager in marketing localization and an academic background in project management, localization, or similar
- Experience working with CAT tools, TMS, and project management tools
- Excellent project management skills: you are highly organized, solution-oriented, and capable of multitasking effectively.
- You are open-minded and curious about how languages work and how they are structured to understand many language-specific phenomena
- Fluency in English and knowledge of additional languages (such as German and/or Japanese) is a plus
- You have a good grasp of translation technology and localization industry best practices, especially for different types of marketing materials and assets
- Experience working with marketing specialists and designers
Please make sure to send your CV and cover letter in English.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!