Learning & Development Manager
RemoteCologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As a Learning & Development Expert at DeepL, you will have the unique opportunity to further develop, establish and structure our people development strategy, in close cooperation with our existing People & Development Partners team.
You will be responsible for designing, driving and evaluating the professional development of your colleagues, aligning them with DeepL’s business goals and values, and ensure that our industry-leading talent are provided with the upskilling opportunities to keep them engaged and challenged for the long run.
With your experience, together we can make important directional decisions for the further development of individual colleagues, the teams in the company and DeepL as a whole. Furthermore, you will lead the future development of this strategically important area within People & Culture and prepare it for DeepL’s continued growth.
- As our in-house expert, be the first point of contact and source of information for all aspects of learning and development
- Develop and implement effective learning and development programmes for both whole teams and individual contributors on a global scale e.g. mentorship programmes, job shadowing, online self-serve resources
- Design and deliver engaging and interactive training, workshops and webinars, both virtually and face-to-face together with our People & Development Partners
- Put together creative and interactive training materials, learning modules and resources to support the learning process
- Regularly assess the further development needs of our colleagues and create tailored development plans to suit their career trajectory in collaboration with the People & Development Partners team
- Work with internal teams to collect feedback on training programmes and ensure they meet current and future needs
- Organize learning events such as conferences, guest speaker sessions, or panel discussions to expose employees to industry thought leaders
- Design structured learning pathways for various career tracks within the organization, outlining the skills and milestones required for advancement, future personal & organizational development
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- The opportunity to be part of actively shaping and developing our concept of learning and development
- Experience in developing and implementing learning and development programmes, preferably in a fast-paced and international scale-up environment. Experience with remote engagement and a passion for remote collaboration and learning is a big plus!
- Strong market knowledge of existing e-learning and training providers with the ability to proactively identify and assess the best material for our needs
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prepare and convey complex information in a clear and understandable manner while engaging diverse audiences
- Analysis and assessment skills to evaluate needs and resources in a structured and consistent fashion
- Knowledge about metrics to ensure and document the success of development measures (Skill Acquisition, Knowledge transfer, ROI, etc.)
- Nice to have: knowledge of our internal LMS (Docebo)
- Team player mentality and the ability to work effectively with people from all over the world in a highly international remote setting
- Great time management skills, with a methodical and organised approach to meeting deadlines and requests
- Fluency in written and spoken English - German, Polish, Dutch or Japanese are a plus!