Language Specialist (f/m/d) | Japanese
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyLanguage and Localization
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne, Berlin, London or Amsterdam: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique AI language technology, DeepL is able to provide the world’s best translation quality. To keep it that way, we need your expert linguistic and outstanding communication skills.
You will be working in a highly motivated team to accomplish a wide array of tasks including proofreading, editing, assessing, or reviewing language data, and advising on various cultural aspects of your language, and much more.
We can’t wait to meet you!
- Proofread Japanese texts, paying particular attention to linguistic subtleties and nuances
- Write and edit Japanese language content
- Advise on aspects of Japanese language and culture
- Test and evaluate machine translation data
- Assess, identify, and communicate on any particularities of different regional variants of the Japanese language
- Analyze various Japanese texts with particular regard to semantic and grammatical accuracy, and stylistic expression
What we offer
- Meaningful work: Our goal is to break down all language barriers and bring different cultures closer together
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team
- The chance to work on a product that is already used by over 500 million people
- Regular team events
- Lots of flexibility to work fully remote in Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, or Poland – or in one of our vibrant offices in Cologne, Berlin, London or Amsterdam
- Degree in Linguistics or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of translation experience
- You are fluent in Japanese and are familiar with the linguistic and cultural details of the language
- You are aware of the different varieties of Japanese and have experience working with them
- You are fluent in English and feel comfortable communicating in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in applying your analytical skills and linguistic knowledge (morphology, syntax, grammar, spelling) when working with texts and translations
- Knowledge of other languages, e.g. German, is a big plus
- Experience teaching Japanese as a second language is a big plus
- Experience in language quality assurance and localization is a plus
Please make sure to send your application in English.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!