Language & Localization Specialist | Arabic
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyLanguage and Localization
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne, Berlin, London or Amsterdam: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique AI language technology, DeepL is able to provide the world’s best translation quality. To keep it that way, we need your expert linguistic and outstanding translation skills to provide first-class localized content and linguistic input.
Within the “language” role, you will play a crucial part in improving our language technology, thereby making a real impact on the lives of millions of people around the world. Your contribution in “localization” will involve a wide array of localization tasks, such as UX/UI and marketing localization.
At DeepL, you’ll find a workplace that’s both challenging and rewarding. Being an expert in language and localization at DeepL means having a passion for diving into the cultural and linguistic nuances of language, and thriving when producing localized content that appears to users in your target market.
If this description sounds like the next step in your career and you are excited by the opportunities ahead, we would love to hear from you!
- Test and evaluate machine translation data
- Analyze various Arabic texts with particular regard to semantic and grammatical accuracy, stylistic expression, and linguistic nuances
- Assess, identify, and communicate on any particularities of different regional variants of the Arabic language and culture
- Localize, transcreate and proofread from English into Arabic, applying the specific style, tone and voice required in each case
- Maintain, improve and update our style guides and terminology for Arabic
What we offer
- Meaningful work: Our goal is to break down all language barriers and bring different cultures closer together
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team
- The chance to work on a product that is already used by over 500 million people
- Regular team events
- Lots of flexibility to work fully remote in Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, or Poland – or in one of our vibrant offices in Cologne, Berlin, London or Amsterdam
- You are fluent in MSA and are familiar with the linguistic and cultural details of the language
- You are familiar with one or more Arabic dialects
- You are fluent in English and feel comfortable communicating in English (written and spoken)
- Minimum of 2 years of translation / localization experience into MSA, especially for website, app and marketing content
- Experience in language quality assurance
- Knowledge of other languages, e.g. German or French, is a plus
- Experience using Arabic in the context of MT or NLP is a plus
- Experience working with UX-design and copywriting teams is a plus
- Experience writing Arabic language content is a plus
- Experience teaching Arabic as a second language is a plus
We are looking forward to your application!