Accounts Payable Specialist (f/m/d)
RemoteKöln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyBusiness Functions
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL in future?
We are growing very strongly and are gaining a large number of customers every day. That is an exciting time! At the same time, our tasks, expenses and accounts are also growing.
And this is where you come in with your expertise: through your experience and motivation, you make your contribution to the expansion and transformation of our accounting. You are part of a growing team and start shortly after the introduction of our new ERP system. Through your foresight, you will ensure smoothly functioning accounting processes in the long term, as they are ideally lived in technology-affine companies.
- Together with your colleagues from the accounts payable team, you take care of all accounting transactions for our parent company as well as our foreign subsidiaries
- You check all incoming invoices for their factual and mathematical correctness
- You initiate the approval process in our ERP system and take care of the correct entry of the vouchers
- Together with your team, you handle all payment transactions and ensure the timely payment of all incoming invoices
- You regularly reconcile the open item list and maintain the master data
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible working arrangements: With offices in Cologne, Berlin, London and Amsterdam, you can decide where and how you work. We offer full remote working from UK/DE/NL/PL, no conditions, no "check" - DeepL is now and forever a remote-positive company
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- A successfully completed degree in business administration or a commercial apprenticeship
- Sound professional experience in an accounts payable or accounting department
- Relevant experience with various ERP systems as well as good MS Office skills
- A high degree of personal responsibility as well as attention to detail
- Fluency in English and German
We are looking forward to your application!