Austin, Texas, United StatesPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company. Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Join DeepL's growing team as an HR Manager focused on the US market. We are seeking an experienced professional to play a pivotal role in establishing and executing the People strategy in the US. As an HR Manager, you will oversee various People-related areas, including Operations, Labor Law, People Development, and support in People Partnering. We are looking for this person to reside in or a commutable distance to Austin as this will be a hybrid role and requesting a couple of days in our office located at 6th & Congress.
- Act as the primary point of contact for our colleagues in the United States, addressing their DeepL-related inquiries and providing a warm welcome to new team members on various People-related topics.
- Leverage your deep understanding of the US market to contribute to team and business expansion efforts in the region.
- Apply your expertise in US labor law to develop and implement People policies and procedures that align with US regulations.
- Provide preliminary payroll support to ensure accurate and compliant payroll processing.
- Foster and strengthen relationships with potential external partners in various People-related fields.
- Serve as our trusted expert in data and analytics, providing valuable insights to guide our expansion efforts in the United States.
- Collaborate with colleagues based in Europe, both in the People & Culture and senior leadership departments, on projects that have a significant impact on the entire organization.
- Supporting strategies for enhancing employee well-being, retention, and engagement as we continue to grow, both in the US and internationally.
- Lay the groundwork for the development of a People team based in the United States.
- Ability to work in a hybrid work environment (approx 2 days in office located at 6th/Congress)
- Proven experience in a People Operations or HR Specialist/Generalist role
- Thorough knowledge of HR practices, employment laws, and compliance regulations.
- Experience with HRIS and ticketing systems for query resolution.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Experience working with an international company and setting up entities a plus.
- Tech start-up experience working in a fast paced environment in a global organization a plus.