Head of Talent Acquisition (f/m/d)
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As DeepL is growing, efficient and well-planned Recruiting processes play an integral role to our company. This is where you come in: to support our small, but efficient Recruiting team, we are looking for a Head of Talent Acquisition, who will not only play a central role in scaling our Hiring successes according to our needs, but also will be responsible for guidance and mentorship of our current and future Recruiting team members. You will join a very open, international and diverse environment, in which communication takes place on eye level across the whole company and the well-being of our employees is of the utmost importance to us. This position will be best suited to you if you are an inclusive, flexible and collaborative leader with a strong background in Recruiting and Employer Branding.
- Support and scale up the Recruiting & Employer Branding team according to evolving team & business needs, with a focus on Tech and Commercial roles
- Have a firm understanding of the challenges your team faces. Build a trustful relationship with your team members, and provide them with a lot of support and mentorship to help drive their success as well as individual career development
- Together with your team, you develop new, creative recruiting and employer branding campaigns and shape our overall Recruiting strategy
- Identify recruitment market trends, tools, technologies and best practices and implement them in collaboration with your team members
- Work continuously on improving our recruitment metrics and use your analytical skills to prepare relevant reports in a clear and concise format
- You work closely together with already existing external service providers, conduct contract negotiations with new providers and continuously evaluate the effectiveness of these collaborations
- Budget planning and controlling are also in your area of responsibility
- Last but not least: work strategically with other teams within People & Culture and ensure a strong collaboration in cross-functional projects
What we offer
- A motivated, international and very committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- The opportunity to actively shape and further develop our recruiting and employer branding processes
- Flat hierarchies and therefore a lot of room for maneuver. You have the chance to really leave a footprint
- Meaningful work: we tear down language barriers around the world and thus bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- A nice office in Cologne, Berlin, London or Amsterdam (or comparable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility
- Several years of experience in recruiting across all levels, preferably in a SaaS company
- At least 2 years of experience leading a team of 4+ members in a scaling company
- Empathetic leadership style with a real passion for recruiting, employer branding and people. You not only enjoy growing and succeeding in your own career, but also take pride in seeing others succeed through your guidance
- Ability to adapt and prioritize in a constantly changing environment
- Strong team player, while at the same time capable to work autonomously and self-directed
- Ability to translate data and analysis into strategic recruitment recommendations
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to travel to the Cologne Office on a regular basis
- Very good English skills, German is a plus
We are looking forward to your application!