Fullstack Software Developer (f/m/d) - Research Tooling
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Köln oder PaderbornResearch
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to
help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created
the world's best machine translation system and made it available to
everyone free of charge. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL
the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our open and positive workplace philosophy enables employees to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language-related problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are
overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our
services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to
break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
- You develop and maintain various tools to support the research team, e.g. for managing jobs on our GPU cluster or visualising data from ML experiments
- You build command line tools as well as backends and frontends of web applications
- You work closely with the Research and DevOps departments
What we offer
- Interesting and challenging software development work on a product that is already used by over 100 million people
- Code reviews and a focus on high quality
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- At least 1 year working experience in backend development with Python (at university or in the private sector)
- Experience with Python backend frameworks (e.g. FastAPI, Flask, etc.) and SQL databases
- You are comfortable with Linux environments and have already had initial contact with Docker and ideally Kubernetes
- You show initiative and enjoy solving challenging problems
- Fluent in English