RemoteCologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyFinance
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL in future?
We are growing very strongly and are gaining a large number of customers every day. That is an exciting time! At the same time, our tasks, expenses and accounts are also growing.
And this is where you come in with your expertise: through your experience and motivation, you make your contribution to the expansion and transformation of our accounting. You are part of a growing team and start shortly after the introduction of our new ERP system. You will have the opportunity to shape things from the ground up and thus also according to your ideal conception. Through your foresight, you will ensure smoothly functioning accounting processes in the long term, as they are ideally lived in technology-affine companies.
- Monitor transactions and user activity to identify fraudulent activity
- Perform data analysis to identify suspicious patterns and discrepancies
- Investigate fraud incidents, including collecting and analysing evidence
- Initiate risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Prepare reports and presentations to communicate fraud trends and statistics
- Propose strategies and measures to minimize/prevent fraudulent activities
- Assist in the training of other colleagues on fraud detection and prevention
- Work closely with the Billing, Collections and Fraud Manager, the Payment team, the Abuse Protection team and other internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the Accounts Receivable team and support activities and other initiatives lead by the team
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible working arrangements: With offices in Cologne, Berlin, London and Amsterdam, you can decide where and how you work. We offer full remote working from UK/DE/NL/PL, no conditions, no "check" - DeepL is now and forever a remote-positive company
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- University or degree in a relevant field of expertise
- First work experience in the Fraud field with knowledge about anti-fraud techniques, tools and procedures, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Experience in the entire Analytics lifecycle, from requirements gathering, data extraction, manipulation, and analysis, to sharing insights and advising on decision making
- Experience in identifying and analysing fraud activities and trends, using data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., SQL, Python, Tableau)
- Knowledge of legal principles to be able to develop methods to ensure successful recovery, wherever possible
- Accounting and finance skills and experiences are a plus
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) or equivalent certificate would be a plus
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
We are looking forward to your application!