Financial Systems Administrator(f/m/d)
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnBusiness Functions
DeepL is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
You'll be working closer with our implementation manager, introducing Workday Finance to the company. As a company, DeepL will be implementing Phase 1 of Workday from November 2022, so being a Workday expert is highly desirable.
- Provide systems daily maintenance and monitoring
- Manage system configuration and customisations
- Support systems implementation projects
- Implement and update finance processes into systems, with respect to its
- Manage and configure integration between financial systems including
external banking platforms
- Work with software vendors, implementation partners or other internal
- Develop custom reports and queries for accounting and management
- Manage security administration roles
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together, with a product already used by over 100 million people worldwide
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL/JP, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- MacBook Pro 16" with M1 Max and 64 GB RAM, a 4k display and any peripherals you want to support a smooth remote work experience
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- 2-3 years of experience in a financial systems administrator or business
role with a finance focus.
- BS or MS degree either in Computer Science or Finance
- Common understanding of accounting and core finance business processes of quote to cash, record to report, and procure to pay
- Common understanding of Internal Control Systems and its impact on Financial Systems
- Hands-on experience with business and financial software implementations, data migration and systems integrations
- Experience in SaaS cloud delivered solutions
- Experience in Workday Finance, Adaptive Planning is highly desirable and a huge advantage
- Experience in managing an entire financial systems landscape (ability to see the bigger picture without losing orientation in details)
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel, PowerQuery, SQL is desirable
- The ability to strategically think and have strong problem solving skills
- The ability to organise and prioritise multiple projects effectively
- Be well organised with the ability to work independently and responsibly
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Fluent in English, German is a plus!