Finance Support Specialist (f/m/d)- GER, UK, NL
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnBusiness Functions
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL in future?
We are growing very fast and gaining new customers every day. It is an exciting time! At the same time, our tasks, expenses, and accounts are growing. This is where your expertise comes in: with your experience and motivation, you can help to grow and transform our finance team. You will help manage the day-to-day requests to the finance team from customer support and other areas of the business. This will help to increase the finance team's ability to respond to all pressing issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- You will be responsible for being the main connection for all internal and external support requests for the finance team
- Assigning and processing incoming requests from the business teams appropriately and managing the pipeline of requests on a daily basis
- Supporting the billing and collections manager on outstanding customer accounts and following up with the customer, accounts team, and customer support team.
- Reviewing and approving employee expense reports and being the first point of contact for employee requests
- Updating and maintaining supplier and customer master data within our ERP systems
- You will support the finance team including the accounts payable and accounts receivable teams with daily business and ad-hoc requests
What we offer
- A friendly, international and effective team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Flat hierarchies and thus a lot of creative freedom
- Meaningful work: we tear down language barriers around the world and thus bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events and get togethers
- A comfortable office in Amsterdam, London or Cologne or suitable equipment for your home office. We offer a lot of flexibility
- A successfully completed business degree, e.g. in accounting, controlling, or comparable commercial training
- Solid experience in the relevant field, ideally at a software-as-a-service (SaaS) or technology company
- You are able to juggle multiple requests and tasks at one time
- You have demonstrably good IT skills and are confident in the use of common Microsoft Office applications; experience with ticketing systems (ie Jira) is a plus
- Fluent written and spoken English; German and other foreign languages are an advantage
We are looking forward to your application!