Engineering Manager (f/m/d) - Fintech
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Köln oder PaderbornEngineering
DeepL is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available to everyone free of charge. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our open and positive workplace philosophy enables employees to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language-related problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As an Engineering Manager for FinTech at DeepL, the core responsibilities of your role will be to manage, coach and develop a team of strong engineers, into a high-performing stage. You will manage the foundation of the engineering work necessary to ensure that our internal business and financial processes as well as those for revenue generation are provided with the right services, tooling and data to bridge internal users’ operation and its impact towards customer-facing product. This role is at the core of the engineering of DeepL’s business model and with the finance, sales and revenue teams as stakeholders, it will need a highly empathetic and strong technical role model with financial services expertise or experience working in highly regulated environments.
- Manage a cross-functional engineering team composed primarily by strong C# software developers, later evolving to include other engineering disciplines such as frontend development, QA, etc.
- Take ownership of the delivery of features, products and systems for the team
- Ensure that the quality of the output of the team is reliable to our current and future customer base, scalable to our expected business growth and beyond, and maintainable so current and future engineers can efficiently extend its functionality
- Make data-driven pragmatic decisions to ensure a timely time to market for existing and future products and services
- Implement best practices and elevate the quality of our work to the next level
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Japan
- The opportunity to define and scale business processes for a market-leading international product
- Learn from some of the industry’s top minds in product engineering
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL/JP, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- At least 6 years of hands-on technical experience in software development and architecture
- 2+ years of experience leading and scaling product development teams
- Experience working in business-facing roles to support decision making
- Deep knowledge of design and architecture for scalable infrastructure
- Experience scaling departments and processes within the domain of payments, revenue collection and user management
- Not a diehard for cloud-native architecture- we run and prioritise our own on-prem distributed cluster infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills with a strong sense of empathy and a solution-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English, our company language- any German or other languages are a plus
We are looking forward to your application!