Editorial Vendor Manager
Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyEditorial
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
At DeepL our Editorial Vendor manager allows us to grow and provide the best international talent to our teams. You will work closely and communicate with our project managers in aligning talent for our projects. Your expertise will bring our interpersonal communications to an international level where you will have the opportunity to grow, recruit and manage our freelancer and external linguists; and align these with projects based on their various language combinations. You will manage linguistic talent via onboarding and providing our teams with the best suitable resources for their projects. You will use your knowledge and skills of the language/translation industry to create a unique environment for all of our teams.
We cannot wait to meet you!
- Proactively recruit new resources to expand our database of external linguists
- Manage inbound freelancer applications
- Onboard new external linguists
- Provide a team of project managers with suitable resources for DeepL projects involving both common and rare language combinations
- Be knowledgeable in and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the translation/language industry, including leaders, rates, strategies, etc.
- Identify and keep updated records of external linguists' specialised skill sets for various language combinations
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records as well as assisting with administration tasks, involving e.g., registration, invoicing, personal data, performance, etc.
- Assist in basic project management tasks
- Assist in communication with all offsite language experts
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records (personal data, invoicing requirements, performance, etc.)
- 2+ years of vendor management experience or project management with vendor management experience in a field related to linguistics
- Written and spoken English at a professional level, plus a minimum of 1 other language
- Degree in linguistics or a similar field
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to forge lasting connections with people from various cultural backgrounds all over the world
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks
- Excellent planning, problem-solving and organisational skills
- Experience with and knowledge of language industry standards
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near our hub in Cologne, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path that contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.