Data Scientist for Product (f/m/d) - Amsterdam, London, Cologne or remote
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
You will be part of the highly motivated team that runs DeepL's analytics platform. Your job is it to create value from the vast amount of data which we gather from our more than 100 million users. You will turn our data into insights via predictive modelling, performance analyses and providing key business metrics. By doing so, you will make a significant impact towards building the best possible translation experience and overcome language barriers.
- Carry out deep-dive business analysis to support decision-making and strategy
- Perform in-depth analysis like customer lifetime value, cohort analysis, forecasting, and operational performance
- Develop and maintain our own AB testing platform
- Be a subject-matter expert for A/B testing, providing guidance and critique to teams from hypothesis forming to interpreting results
- Build models for predicting user behaviour to optimise the product
- Collaborate with other data analysts, engineers and product managers
- Consult with teams to understand their mission, requirements and translate this into actionable insights
- Challenge, refine, and execute new analyses for stakeholders
- Proactively dig through our data and make meaningful suggestions
- Develop accessible and meaningful data visualisation for the whole business
- Identify trends in our data, provide insight and explanation to our teams to improve their impact
- Help identify, define and specify future insight and data needs to support the different business units
- Implement robust analytics workflows based on Python, Clickhouse, and Kubernetes
What we offer
- Data at scale from products used by more than 100 million people worldwide
- Our own analytics and experimentation platform - far beyond the limitations of standard web analytics platforms
- Interesting challenges: design, programming and research at the highest level
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Our tech stack: Python, Kafka, Clickhouse, Metabase and Kubernetes
- A comfortable office in Cologne or Paderborn (or suitable equipment for your home office) and a lot of flexibility about you
- You have professional experience working as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Solid knowledge of Python which is our Data Science tool of choice
- Mastery of SQL
- Solid knowledge in the foundations of statistics, ideally experience in AB testing
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics or another field with a strong emphasis on quantitative analysis
- You are able to perform in-depth analyses like customer lifetime value, cohort analysis and forecasting
- Proven experience in building statistical models for business problems
- Highly passionate about data, with creative problem-solving abilities and an eye for detail
- The ability to transmit information concisely and clearly - whether written, spoken or visually
- You have been working in a data oriented position in an internet company as a plus
- Practical experience with big data tools is a plus
- Fluent in English. Other languages, e.g. German, are an advantage
We are looking forward to your application!