Data Scientist for Commercial Analytics (f/m/d) - GER, UK, NL, PL
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnProduct Development
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or London: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
You will be part of the highly motivated team that runs DeepL's analytics platform. Our growing team is a cross-functional mix of Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists working towards our common goal of leveraging our user data. Your job is to create value from the vast amount of data that we gather from our more than 100 million users. You will turn this data into insights via predictive modeling and performance analyses in order to move key business metrics. By doing so, you will make a significant impact on building the best possible translation experience and overcome language barriers.
- Build analysis friendly data sets regarding our revenue related metrics, maintain and improve analytics codebase based on Python and Clickhouse SQL
- Make data available in reporting through Metabase, ensure metrics are shown consistently across business units and establish a single source of truth
- Analyse our data to uncover commercial opportunities, generate actionable insights around pricing, lead scoring, LTV, churn prediction, forecasting etc.
- Communicate your results and findings clearly, support decision making and strategy
- Align with stakeholders from multiple departments on business needs, requirements, and proposed solutions. Communicate planning and deliverables timely
What we offer
- Data at scale from products used by more than 100 million people worldwide
- Our own analytics and experimentation platform - far beyond the limitations of standard web analytics platforms
- Interesting challenges: analytics and programming and at the highest level
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- A comfortable office in Cologne, London or Amsterdam or suitable equipment for your home office
- You have 2+ years professional experience working as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist, preferably focused on Finance, Sales or Marketing
- Solid knowledge of programming in Python which is our Data Science tool of choice. Proficiency in SQL
- Skilled at Data Visualisation & Analytics, experience with Metabase is a strong plus
- Effective communication skills, you are can easily communicate technical topics clearly to stakeholders from varied background
- You have a master's degree or PHD in a quantitative subject like economics, mathematics, statistics, data science, or another field with a strong emphasis on quantitative analysis
- Fluent in English, which is our company language
Please make sure to send your application in English. We're looking forward to hearing from you!