Data Infrastructure Engineer | Data Platform Core (f/m/d) - remote | GER, UK, NL, PL
RemoteGermany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, KölnEngineering
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join a team of versatile engineers that craft libraries, tooling and the infrastructure supporting data processing at DeepL. The Data Platform combines different data sources, both internal and external and makes them available to our stakeholders company-wide: Developers, Product Development, Data Science and Management. You will work in a cross-functional team with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Developers to solve complex technical challenges.
- You are part of the team that maintains and scales the infrastructure for storing, processing and streaming data
- Administer Kafka clusters that play a central role in the company's data delivery
- Administer ClickHouse, which is our company-wide data warehouse
- Consulting other engineering teams directly on designing and deploying their services to bare-metal Kubernetes
- Monitoring in Prometheus and Grafana - you build and set up solutions that make sure our systems are operating smoothly
- Play your part in setting up backups and load testing for a reliable infrastructure
What we offer
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Data at scale from products used by more than 1 billion people worldwide
- Our own data, analytics, machine learning and experimentation platform - far beyond the limitations of standard web analytics platforms
- Interesting challenges: design and programming at the highest level
- We are a distributed work force enabling our employees to work from the comfort of your home office in Germany, Poland, Netherlands or the UK or in one of our comfortable offices
- State of the art equipment for your workplace
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision making processes
- Ideally experience with Kafka (or other event brokers) and/or Kubernetes
- Ideally experience with ClickHouse or other data warehouse solutions
- Experience with distributed and data-centric systems that ingests and stores massive amounts of data
- Experience in deploying and maintaining infrastructure predominantly used by developers
- You are curious and aren't afraid to interact with low-level systems
- You are fluent in English
Please make sure to send your application in English, we are looking forward to it!