Data Analyst for Product (f/m/d) - Amsterdam, London, Cologne or remote
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or London: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
You will be part of the highly motivated team that runs DeepL's analytics platform. Our growing team is a cross-functional mix of Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientist working towards our common goal of leveraging our user data. As a Data Analyst in this team, your job is to create value from the vast amount of data that we gather from our more than 100 million users. You will turn this data into insights via performance analyses in order to move key business metrics and creating robust data pipelines and visualizations. By doing so, you will make a significant impact on building the best possible translation experience and overcome language barriers.
- Carry out deep-dive business analysis to support decision-making and strategy
- Perform in-depth analysis like customer lifetime value, cohort analysis, forecasting, and operational performance
- Implement robust analytics workflows based on Clickhouse, SQL and Python
- Build dashboards with SQL and Metabase to make our data accessible to everyone in the company
- Contribute to developing A/B testing best practices, providing guidance and critique to teams from hypothesis forming to interpreting results
- Support in developing our in-house A/B testing platform
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers and product managers
- Consult with teams to understand their mission, requirements and translate this into actionable insights
- Proactively dig through our data and make meaningful suggestions
- Identify trends in our data, provide insight and explanation to our teams to improve their impact
- Help identify, define and specify future insight and data needs to support the different business units
What we offer
- Data at scale from products used by more than 100 million people worldwide
- Our analytics and experimentation platform - far beyond the limitations of standard web analytics platforms
- Interesting challenges: design, programming, and research at the highest level
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trusts and very short decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Our tech stack: Python, Kafka, Clickhouse, Metabase, and Kubernetes
- A comfortable office in Cologne, Paderborn or London or suitable equipment for your home office
- You have professional experience working as a Data Analyst
- Mastery of SQL
- Experience with Python frameworks for data analysis and visualization like Pandas and Matplotlib
- Good knowledge of the foundations of statistics
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, or another field with a strong emphasis on quantitative analysis
- Experience with AB testing in an online business is a plus
- Highly passionate about data, with creative problem-solving abilities and an eye for detail
- The ability to transmit information concisely and clearly - whether written, spoken, or visually
- You have been working in a data-oriented position in an internet company is a plus
- Practical experience with big data tools is a plus
- Fluent in English, which is our company language
We are looking forward to your application!